The link between the religious world and Le Cénacle dates from its construction in the 19th century: Owned by Pastor Charles Martin, the pastoral mansion was sold to the Roman Catholic order, Sisters of Le Cénacle in 1954. The sisters built the new wing (Annex) numbering forty-five bedrooms, as well as the Chapel and the Oratory. Towards the end of the 1980s, the sisters sold the property to the Roman Catholic Church of Geneva who placed it in the care and under the management of the Fathers of Blessed Sacrement. In August 2002, the fathers left this post and the church placed it under new management
drawn from the laity.